Our Mindfulness Meditation Group
is open to anyone with the intention of being more open-heartedly present, compassionate and connected. This allows us to meet life's challenges more gracefully.
Shared meditation helps support and deepen practice, allowing you to open and turn toward your experience with love. Group meditation also provides opportunities to connect with others who are similarly inclined. Joining a meditation group can help you:
- Experience being part of something bigger than yourself.
- Develop a strong, committed, lasting practice.
- Learn valuable lessons from others in the group, including the leader.
- Enjoy the physical benefits that participating in a group can allow.
- Learn how sharing meditation can make life more vibrant and connected.
- Understand the power in numbers.
We are offering two groups starting in January - one on Thursday mornings and the second on Saturday mornings! Each 1.5 hr. session will begin with 45 minutes of mindfulness meditation followed by practice discussion/instruction to deepen awareness and understanding.
The Thursday morning group will meet for 8 sessions from 11:30 a.m - 1 p.m. The cost for this group is $240.
Meeting dates for the Thursday group:
- Jan. 11th & 25th
- Feb. 8th & 22nd
- March 8th & 22nd
- April 5th & 19th
The Saturday morning group will meet for 7 sessions from 11 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. and will include a day-long retreat on March 10th, called the Day of Mindfulness. The cost for this group is $295.
Meeting dates for the Saturday group:
- Jan. 13th & 27th
- Feb. 17th & 24th
- March 10th & 24th (The 10th is a day-long retreat from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.)
- April 7th & 21st
For those interested in a full description of the day-long retreat, called the Day of Mindfulness , click here. If you are a beginner, it is advised that you go to our about mindfulness page to get the basics. In addition, you might consider reading Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat-Zinn and/or The Need to Please by Micki Fine.