Our Mindfulness Meditation Group
is open to anyone with the intention of being more open-heartedly present, compassionate and connected. This allows us to meet life's challenges more gracefully.
Shared meditation helps support and deepen practice and create, allowing you to open and turn toward your experience with love. Group meditation also provides opportunities to connect with others who are similarly inclined. Joining a meditation group can help you:
- Experience being part of something bigger than yourself.
- Develop a strong, committed, lasting practice.
- Learn valuable lessons from others in the group, including the leader.
- Enjoy the physical benefits that participating in a group can allow.
- Learn how sharing meditation can make life more vibrant and connected.
- Understand the power in numbers.
The next group will meet for 6 sessions including a day-long retreat on October 28th. We will meet on Saturdays from 11 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. The cost for this group is $235. Each 1.5 hr. session will begin with 45 minutes of mindfulness meditation followed by practice discussion/instruction to deepen awareness and understanding.
- Oct. 14th & 28th (The 28th is a day-long retreat from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.)
- Nov. 11th
- Dec. 2nd, 16th & 30th
For those interested in a full description of the day-long retreat, called the Day of Mindfulness , click here. If you are a beginner, it is advised that you go to our about mindfulness page to get the basics. In addition, you might consider reading Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat-Zinn and/or The Need to Please by Micki Fine.