Mindfulness Basics Workshop
A 4-hr introduction to mindfulness practice
This workshop is an introduction to, and beginning for, your mindfulness practice, especially if the next 8-week course is not for a while and you want to get started. Mindfulness, like many things that are worthwhile, is most skillfully developed through in-depth support and instruction. So we encourage you to further your practice after this workshop by participating in the 8-week MBSR course.
This 4 hour workshop costs $225 and is offered next on:
- June 2nd, 2017 from noon- 4 p.m. (Friday)
- July 28th, 2017 from noon-4 p.m. (Friday)
In this workshop participants can expect:
- General teaching and discussion of the basic premises of mindfulness,
- Guided instruction in, and practice and discussion of several mindfulness meditations,
- Group dialogue and discussions aimed at enhancing awareness in everyday life,
- List of resources for continuing the practice,
- Downloadable MP3s – Guided meditation including the Body Scan, mindful yoga/stretching and others.
Research about 8-week MBSR courses shows that mindfulness practice helps you:
- Connect with your life and live it as if it matters,
- Decrease reactivity to stressors and find more creative responses to life's challenges,
- Strengthen connection with yourself and others,
- Enhance physical health, including improving memory, attention span and decision-making,
- Enhance your ability to manage emotional and physical pain with greater compassion and wisdom.
All training, courses, retreats are conducted by Micki Fine M.Ed., L.P.C., founder of Mindful Living and pioneer of mindfulness in Houston, TX since 1994. Micki is a certified mindfulness instructor (certification from the Center for Mindfulness - University of Massachusetts Medical School) and has been licensed professional counselor since 1990.