Mbsr for mental health professionals
MBSR for Mental Health Professionals
In this 8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course mental health professionals can discover how to:
- Cultivate the ability to sit with clients with less reactivity and greater ability to be skillful in the midst of clients’ suffering.
- Find greater meaning in working with clients.
- Strengthen the foundation of compassion and awareness so as to creat an ideal therapeutic environment.
- Enhance the ability to process ethical challenges more skillfully.
- Deepen internal resources to enhance well- being.
- Revision clinical work from a focus on pathology to creating resonance and heart-felt responses to attachment needs.
Our MBSR for Mental Health Professionals course costs $850 and consists of attending the 8-week MBSR course for the general public, emailed weekly assignments specifically adapted for mental health professionals and a day-long silent retreat called the Day of Mindfulness. This starting point will enable you to develop your own practice which is necessary to skillfully adapt mindfulness into working with clients and also, to learn about how others adapt to mindfulness practice. In addition, there will be two 50-minute sessions dedicated to exploring and reviewing the additional concepts and materials. These sessions are scheduled at the midpoint of the course and at the end. CEUs are available for an additional $35 processing fee.
Start dates for the 2018 courses:
- Course #1 - Start date: Jan. 23rd, 2018 Tuesday evenings 6-8:30 p.m.
- Course #2 - Start date: Jan. 24th, 2018 Wednesday mornings 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Course #3 - Start date: March 29th, 2018 Thursday evenings 6-8:30 p.m.
- Course #4 - Start date: July 10th, 2018 Tuesday evenings 6-8:30 p.m.
- Course #5 - Start date: Sept. 18th, 2018 Tuesday evenings 6-8:30 p.m.**
- Course #6 - Start date: Sept. 19th, 2018 Wednesday mornings 10 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.**
After completing the course there will be a mindfulness group dedicated to mental health professionals. (This will depend upon the number of group members who decide to join an ongoing group.) This group can provide support for deepening your own practice and implement mindfulness in your clinical practice.
Micki Fine, M.Ed, L.P.C., founder of Mindful Living, certified mindfulness meditation instructor and licensed professional counselor in Houston, Texas, will conduct this highly participatory and practical course.
** Please note: The courses that begin in September will have a one week break in mid-October. The classes will not meet on on October 16th and 17th. The courses will still meet for 8 sessions. The ending date for the courses are November 13th & 14th, respectively.
The course will be held at Mindful Living located at 3701 Kirby Drive, Suite 890, Houston, Texas 77098 in the Baylor Family Medicine building between the S.W. Freeway and Richmond Ave. (map)
In addition, if you lead a support group and would like Micki to address specific questions from your group; she is now open to scheduling a question & answer period around the orientations already in the calendar. Simply drop us a note and we will get the ball rolling.