Mindfulness & Medicine
MBSR for Medical Professionals
Mindfulness practice can help medical professionals:
- Cultivate a greater sense of balance, ease and non-reactivity.
- Manage day-to-day challenges with a greater sense of balance
- Conserve a sense of meaning in the practice of medicine and research
- Maintain empathy for patients, coworkers, and oneself in the midst of busyness
- Communicate more deeply and effectively with patients and coworkers
Our Mindfulness & Medicine course consists of eight weekly classes, weekly emailed assignments and guided meditations (mp3 format). Micki Fine, M.Ed, L.P.C., founder of Mindful Living, certified mindfulness meditation instructor and licensed professional counselor in Houston, Texas, will conduct this highly participatory and practical course. To coordinate this course Micki asks that you have at least 8-10 individuals interested in participating. She can accommodate up to 25 at her office in the Upper Kirby area of Houston or she is willing to travel to your organization/institution.
Please contact her using the form below.
Mindfulness is best understood through its practice. To benefit fully from MBSR training, participants are asked to commit themselves to practice mindfulness meditation from 45 to 60 minutes per day, and are coached to work gently and patiently with this commitment. Read testimonials that speak to the benefits of making this commitment.