Mindfulness-BAsed stress reduction course
MBSR for the General Public
In this 8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course you can discover how to:
- Live life more fully and resourcefully.
- Increase your ability to handle stress with greater ease.
- Decrease physical and psychological suffering.
- Strengthen connection with yourself and others.
- Discover greater energy and enthusiasm for life.
- Enhance your ability to cope with pain that may not go away.
This course costs $550 and consists of eight weekly classes and one day-long retreat on a Saturday. Micki Fine, M.Ed., L.P.C., founder of Mindful Living, certified mindfulness meditation instructor and licensed counselor in Houston, Texas will conduct this highly participatory and practical course.
Start dates for the 2018 courses:
- Course #5 - Start date: Sept. 18th, 2018 Tuesday evenings 6-8:30 p.m.**
- Course #6 - Start date: Sept. 19th, 2018 Wednesday mornings 10 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.**
Start dates for the 2019 courses:
- Course #1 - Start date: Jan. 31st, 2019 Thursday evenings 6-8:30 p.m.
- Course #2 - Start date: Feb. 2nd, 2019 Saturday afternoons 1-3:30 p.m.
- Course #3 - Start date: April 9th, 2019 Tuesday evenings 6-8:30 p.m.
- Course #4 - Start date: July 11th, 2019 Thursday evenings 6-8:30 p.m.
Mindfulness is best understood through practice, especially in community. MBSR courses nurture awareness, compassion and balance in life. These gifts are magnified through the shared practice, group interaction and presence and gentle guidance from Micki. She is dedicated to holding the space where feelings of safety, connection and identification are possible.
To benefit fully from MBSR training, participants are asked to commit themselves to practice mindfulness meditation from 45 to 60 minutes per day, and are coached to work gently and patiently with this commitment. Read testimonials that speak to the benefits of making this commitment.
** Please note: The courses that begin in September will have a one week break in mid-October. The classes will not meet on on October 16th and 17th. The courses will still meet for 8 sessions. The ending date for the courses are November 13th & 14th, respectivly.
The course will be held at Mindful Living located at 3701 Kirby Drive, Suite 890, Houston, Texas 77098 in the Baylor Family Medicine building between the S.W. Freeway and Richmond Ave.(map)
Tuition assistance is available for those in need. It's based on both financial need as well as limited availability. Please direct your inquiry to Micki Fine at 713.702.6845.
Please note: Attendance at one of our orientation sessions is required in order to participate in a 8-week MBSR course. The orientation sessions are free. Everyone is welcome to drop in - no RSVP is required.
Dates for 2018 Orientation Sessions:
March 3rd from 2-3 p.m. (Saturday)
March 15th from 5-6 p.m. (Thursday)
June 26th from noon-1 p.m. (Tuesday)
June 28th from 5-6 p.m. (Thursday)
Sept. 11th from 5-6 p.m. (Tuesday)
Sept. 13th from noon-1 p.m. (Thursday)