"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are." ~ Marcus Aurelius
All training, courses, retreats are conducted by Micki Fine M.Ed., L.P.C., founder of Mindful Living and pioneer of mindfulness in Houston, TX since 1994. Micki is a certified mindfulness instructor (certification from the Center for Mindfulness - University of Massachusetts Medical School) and has been licensed professional counselor since 1990.
A 4-hour introduction to mindfulness practice
This workshop is an introduction to, and beginning for, your mindfulness practice, especially if the next 8-week course is not for a while and you want to get started. Mindfulness, like many things that are worthwhile, is most skillfully developed through in-depth support and instruction. So we encourage you to further your practice after this workshop by participating in the 8-week MBSR course.This 4 hour workshop costs $225 and is offered:
- February 10th, 2017 from noon- 4 p.m. (Friday)
- April 11th, 2017 from noon- 4 p.m. (Tuesday)
In this workshop participants can expect:
- General teaching and discussion of the basic premises of mindfulness,
- Guided instruction in, and practice and discussion of several mindfulness meditations,
- Group dialogue and discussions aimed at enhancing awareness in everyday life,
- List of resources for continuing the practice,
- Downloadable MP3s – Guided meditation including the Body Scan, mindful yoga/stretching and others.
Research about 8-week MBSR courses shows that mindfulness practice helps you:
- Connect with your life and live it as if it matters,
- Decrease reactivity to stressors and find more creative responses to life's challenges,
- Strengthen connection with yourself and others,
- Enhance physical health, including improving memory, attention span and decision-making,
- Enhance your ability to manage emotional and physical pain with greater compassion and wisdom.
Mindfulness Basics Workshop