Micki is the founder of Mindful Living and pioneer of mindfulness in Houston, Texas since 1994.
Micki's Style and Philosophy
Micki's belief in the power of one's inherent goodness and capacity for healing strongly influences her work teaching Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction courses, retreats and other mindfulness based courses and meditation groups.
Her intention is to create warm, supportive spaces in which people can feel safe to explore their thoughts, emotions and feelings through the practice of mindfulness. Healthy, positive change can result from experiencing the present moment in a radically different way: with less judgment, greater acceptance and compassion.
She will collaborate with you to help you open to your inner resources through cultivating mindful awareness and compassion.
- Houston’s only Certified Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction teacher – University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Center for Mindfulness founded by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Provides mindfulness-based interventions and psychotherapy, including Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) to individuals and groups in a variety of settings including private practice, Rice University (since 2009) and the Jung Center (since 2001), resulting in excellent evaluations from class participants since 1990 to the present.
- M.D. Anderson's Place of Wellness Instructor in mindfulness for anyone affected by cancer from 2006 – 2011.
- Author of The Need to Please: Mindfulness Skills to Gain Freedom from Approval Seeking and People Pleasing New Harbinger 2013
- Mentor for the Mindfulness-based Professional Training Institute at UCSD Center for Mindfulness
Provided consulting, supervision, and teaching on NIDA grants studying mindfulness and addictions with M. D. Anderson Cancer Center and University of Texas School of Nursing.